Friday, March 31, 2017

Simple sympathy

I wanted to make some simple sympathy cards.

This time, I cut down some masking paper to 5.5" x 4.25" and then used a rectangle die to cut a mask. That gave me a perfect mask for the front of a card. Using distress inks (evergreen bough and wild honey), I blended the whole area that was left open from the mask. The plants were stamped in shades of gray and are from Penny Black's Sprigs set.

The sentiments are from Stampendous' Comforting Words set and were stamped in versafine black ink on strips of vellum and then embossed with clear powder. I wrapped the vellum around the front panel and glued it on the back. I didn't have any cardstock that was the right shade so I took the same distress inks and inked up the edges of a white piece of cardstock.

I like that these aren't too girly so I can use them for anyone.

I am putting the blue one in SSS - Wednesday challenge.

Thanks for stopping by :)

1 comment:

  1. So pretty and elegant
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x


I love reading all your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit.